Yum! This pudding is so so good. It is rich and creamy and tastes just like the real thing without using cream or eggs! And the best part is it whips up in about 15 minutes with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry! I’m going to keep this post short and sweet so you can go make this pudding now!
Vegan Butterscotch Pudding
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
· 3 Tablespoons corn starch
· ¾ cups dark brown sugar, packed
· 1/8 teaspoons salt
· 2 ¼ cups coconut milk, divided
· 1 Tablespoon dairy-free soy margarine, softened
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a small saucepan off heat, combine the corn starch, sugar and salt. Add ¼ cup of coconut milk and place the sauce pan over medium-low heat, mixing well to dissolve the corn starch and sugar.
2. Add the remaining coconut milk, stirring constantly until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and whisk in the soy margarine and vanilla until completely incorporated. Transfer pudding to a heatproof dish, place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding (this will prevent a skin from forming), and chill in the refrigerator at least 3 hours before serving. Serve cold.